One of the most exciting parts of planning your wedding is finding the perfect piece to honour the commitment and love between you and your partner. Your wedding band will be with you for a lifetime, so we want to ensure it’s a piece you’ll treasure. This guide will provide you with our key recommendations and important factors to consider before saying “I do” to your forever piece.
We recommend beginning to search for ring inspiration four months from your wedding date. This will ensure there is sufficient time to choose the perfect design and create your ring whilst easing any last-minute pressures.
SET A BUDGET
The price of a wedding band can vary depending on the metal, stone selection, and design. It’s helpful to have a budget in mind, as this will assist our team to guide you and provide recommendations best suited to your budget and personal preferences.
YOUR ENGAGEMENT RING
It is important to consider how your engagement ring and wedding band will complement one another. Whilst there are no rules that require the two bands to match exactly, we encourage our clients to be aware of the how your engagement ring is designed as this will determine how your wedding band will pair with your engagement ring. This includes elements such as the setting, band profile, metal, and stone/s. Many of our engagement rings are designed to allow for a flush fit, whist others are better suited to a crown-style band. We have provided a terminology guide below to assist.
CONSIDER YOUR AESTHETIC
The next step to consider is your personal style and preferences. Are you envisioning a simple or statement band? A pavé setting or a minimalist design? To get an idea of your design preferences, we recommend browsing our collection of wedding bands, or booking an appointment at our showroom to view the pieces in person.
CREATING YOUR STACK
For a traditional take, we recommend classic designs with clean lines and simple pavé detailing. If you prefer to make a statement, our crown designs are the perfect choice. These eye-catching pieces feature contouring shapes and bold design details. You can also mix the colour of your metals or band thicknesses for a unique point of difference.
We want your wedding band to fit effortlessly into your everyday life. If you lead an active lifestyle or work with your hands frequently, you may find a simple design to be best suited to you. A band with many stones or intricate details will require more maintenance and should be protected from heavy lifestyle activities or chemicals.
If you prefer a cohesive look, our advice is to opt for a wedding band that complements the setting style and stone size of your engagement ring. You can be creative and express your individuality by playing around with different silhouettes or stone options for that extra sparkle. Alternatively, you can experiment with mixing metal colours or band thicknesses. This can add a unique touch to the overall look while tying together two or more different designs perfectly.
A UNIQUE LOVE STORY
Your bridal stack is designed to be with you forever and should evolve with you as it represents your unique love story. We recommend considering how your collection will be completed over time, and how a new addition, marking an anniversary or special milestone, will interact with your pieces.
- Classic: These wedding bands are minimalist in nature with little to no adornments. Small embellishments may be featured, including a small row of stones.
- Pavé: Translates to ‘paved’ in French. This band style refers to the way each diamond is set closely together and secured by small beads.
- Shared-Prong: This setting style refers to the way each stone shares a prong with the stone adjacent to it.
- Crown: Crown bands are designed to contour to the profile of the engagement ring. These bands will allow for a flush fit for an engagement ring with a low-profile. For high-profile designs, a crown will frame the centre stone, and are a popular choice when a unique or eye-catching bridal stack is preferred.
- Inlay: This is a sleek setting style where the stone is set directly into the band without prongs, otherwise referred to as a ‘flush’ setting.
The majority of our wedding bands are made to 1.6mm. This is also the standard and most requested band width of our engagement rings.
Width ranges include:
- Thin: 6mm – 1.8mm
- Medium: 8mm – 3.5mm
- Thick: 5mm +
The profile of a wedding ring refers to the shape of the band when viewed as a cross-section.
Common shapes include:
- Half-Round (our standard band profile)
- Comfort Cuff
- Comfort Half-Round
- High-Polish: Our standard and most popular finish. Highly reflective and shiny.
- Satin: A non-reflective, matte finish that does not show any texture. Created by using a lightly abrasive buffing tool, this is a popular finish for male wedding bands.
ENGAGEMENT RING SETTING:
- High Profile: A wedding band will sit flush with an engagement ring designed with enough space below the setting.
- Low Profile: A straight wedding band will not sit flush with an engagement ring that has a lowered setting or protruding silhouette. If a flush fit is required, a crown band which conforms to the profile is recommended.